August 13, 2010

Tea break

Act I

Scene I      Eoin is hiding in the canteen making coffee. Workmate enters for a cup of tea.

Workmate: "Hi Eoin. How are you? Were you on holidays last week? Where did you go?"

Eoin: "Yes I went to the French alps on a kayaking trip. We were around Briancon, it's in the south east of France near the Italian border. "

Workmate: "Oh lovely! I heard that's a nice place. I think Sean went there last year. Where were you staying?"

Eoin: "We slept in the van on the edge of town for the first few nights. There was a lot of driving around. We put up the tent for a bit at the end of the week. They have free wifi at the campsite. It's not like camping here."

Workmate: "That sounds like it was fun. Did you have nice weather?"

Eoin: "We could have done with less sun. It caused the snow to melt quickly and the river levels were quite high. There were some very heavy thunderstorms in the evenings and dodgy mountain roads with lots of rockfall. Nice and warm though."

Workmate: "Oh well you got a lovely colour anyway."

Eoin: "It's only my hands and face really. I was wearing a drysuit most of the time because the water is very cold. I had a nasty neck rash by the end of the week."

Workmate: "Did you take a van on the ferry?"

Eoin: "No my friend picked me up but his car broke down in a small town south of Grenoble. It was beyond repair so we had to rent a van. The garage was very helpful though they even crushed the car into a cube for free."

Workmate: "Oh I see! That was unfortunate. So did you get to the beach at all?"


Eoin: "No, but I did walk across a glacier. We were high up in the mountains, quite a way from the beach." 

Workmate becomes confused and focuses on her tea. A quiet minute passes. 

Eoin: "Would you like to see some photos I took during the trip?"

Workmate: "Sure if you have them there why not?"

Eoin: "Yes they are on my phone, here you go."



Le Tunnel. Middle Guil.


Triple step lead in. Middle Guil.


Jule solo run. Middle Guil.


A word from our sponsors. Merci! 



The Gyr valley.

Col d'Izoard.



 The Bonne. Super fun in the sun.









2 comments:

Adrian Shanahan said...

Ah Jim dont be like that... good stuff Eoin.

Unknown said...

Have you ever been worried that your blog posts would make you seem like more of a serial killer?